Wednesday, February 08, 2006

His Calling

Just today itself..i sense God speaking to me about His calling. No specifics actually..but just his nudging and challenging my heart about calling, His calling on my life.

Before Moses spent his 40 years in the desert tending sheep, he already had such passion and burden in his heart to deliver his fellow Hebrew brethen from slavery..though his heart's desire didn't translate into actions quite right! And after 40 years, when God appeared to him and told him to lead His people out of Egypt, he REFUSED! after all that 'bargaining' with God, he SURRENDERED to God's call.

In those 40 years, i believe his passion to deliver his people didn't fade away. God uses that passion and desire in Moses and calls him to do just that! MANY times, God calls us to do something that we already have the heart and passion to. imagine trying to pick up a lump of clay with a huge magnet..it won't budge. but now, picture picking another lump of clay that has magnet inside!! Our passion in our hearts are there for a PURPOSE, HIS purposes!

Never allow people to limit you with their theology or unbelief that you will never achieve your dreams or your deepest heart's desire. Don't let their unbelief and ideals box you in. God is so much BIGGER. He has even BIGGER dreams than we have..MOST of the time. =)

I look back on my life and thank God that i did NOT give up on my dream of going abroad to further my tertiary education..both in theology and secular. more than just a few people have discouraged my seemingly impossible dream, FEW have cheered me on. i'm glad i hung on to His promise..because i know and i know it is from Him!

so where do i go from here? i've some more dreams in my heart which still seem BIG to me right now. but i'm gonna trust the Dream Giver..because He will bring it to pass in His time!

if you're reading this entry, my encouragement to you as God encouraged me, DON'T GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS!! NEVER NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Thank you Lord..i'm grateful..truly grateful that you put dreams in my heart. Help me steady the course as I run for you.

Your child..berylynn

1 comment:

Berylynn said...

YES..let's run this race TOGETHER for the unperishable crown. DON'T GIVE UP!! press on brother! =)