Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Yearn

Here's another song entry in my humble blog..

Holy design
This place in time
That I might seek and find my God

Lord I want to yearn for You
I want to burn with passion over You
And only You
Lord I want to yearn for You
I want to burn with passion over You
And only You
Lord, I want to yearn

Your joy is mine
Yet why am I fine
With all my singing and bringing grain
In light of Him

Oh You give life and breath
In You we live and move
That's why I sing

I really really like this song..because i can identify with the lyrics. Note that it says "i WANT to yearn for You" and NOT "i YEARN for You". Difference is..i may not yearn for God as much as i ought to right now, but there's a DESIRE to WANT to yearn for Him. and that i think..is so honest, instead of singing a bunch of songs that sound good but doesn't really reflect my heart inside. i want to go deeper..i want to grow stonger in You, i want to know You more, i want to seek You, i want MORE of You O God!!

to think about it, King David was like that. very honest with God..even in times when He felt that God has deserted Him, or when he has sinned against Him, David was very honest about His emotions with God. God delights in honesty, doesn't He?

hmm..what a song! =)
pheng..

3 comments:

TL said...

hie sweetheart! =) i like the words to the song too! i can imagine how moving it is! who wrote/sang it?

by the way, thanx for putting entries in. it means a lot to me..=) love you, babes!

Prague said...

hey pheng! how are you doing? i haven't checked my blog in ages. yes, i think the kids like me. i had a weird day that day. i'll check your blog later. i have to go teach a class.

jeff

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I was lookin up the lyrics to Yearn on google b/c my 15 yr old friend past away in August of 2006 and we sang the song at a service for her and ur webpage came up. I just wanted to say i love ur passion for God and you kind of remind me of Leisha (my friend that past away). Thank you so much, keep faith!
Your Sister in Christ