Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Change is good

Hey! welcome welcome..like the new looks of my blog? hmm..maybe you'll like my new haircut too! nope, not kidding..i just got a haircut today!

Thomas and i went and visited a Singaporean family who just moved here to CFNI to attend Pastoral school in Fall sem. they're such a pleasant family..we had dinner together, talked and laughed together. Aunty Irene offered to give me a haircut while Tom and Uncle Joe went off for a car wash at 8pm! =) They have 3 daugthers: Kelley, Victoria and Peni-El. Kelley is 17 while Victoria and Peni-El are 14 yrs old. Btw, they are twins!! ..not identical though.

So, i had 3 personal assistants (Aunty Irene and the 2 younger girls) fixing my hair tonight. My hair treatment today was inclusive of cutting, hair treatment, hair wash, blow-dry and straightening. Howzz that sound? heeheee..such a blessing! *grin*

I shared with Aunty Irene that i really miss home..even cried a little bit today as i read the Frontliners' (youth back home) updates and emails. She reassured me that it will be alright..and said that they will be my family here! So sweet..and i know that she didn't say it out of courtesy. Asians don't usually do that! =))

I guess this is what church is huh? Being there to encourage one another, and to love each other. Thank you Lord for bringing this family..and for crossing our paths. Thank you..

your child..
pheng

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love ur new look, i mean ur blog's new look. gotta to see ur haircut to give my opinion lol.
Anyway glad to hear , read that ure learning a lot and churching a lot. stay blessed!
peace

Berylynn said...

hey!! was thinking of you TODAY! when are you coming lah? i'm leaving to El Paso to Sarah's crib maybe on the 6th or 7th..and coming back only on the 15th. i hope to meet up before i leave..? *fingers crossed* =(

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Anonymous said...

i miss u too...ur roaring laughter. smile and ...